FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

feedback
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

First of all i would like to thank you Rainer for this awesome Plugin, it works very good for me so far.

Anyway i would like to give some suggestions and possible bug reports:

1) When i want to move a ProjectFolder into another the following Error occurs:
---------------------------
Microsoft Visual Studio
The operation could not be completed. Unbekannter Fehler
OK

2) The Feature List says something about Parameter Tooltips, i was not able to get one of these. Not for my own projects methods for which i turned on JSON creation and not for the phobos methods for which i used the downloadable JSON files.

3) GoToDefinition works great for my own projects but not for phobos methods. The JSON files are there so it should work, right ? That is especially necessary as (in 2) Parameter Tooltips wont work for me.

4) This is a really annoying one:
When i have a solution with multiple projects and if in two projects is the same filename present then i have to unload the other project cause the debugger would open the wrong file when triggering a breakpoints. i set the breakpoint in the correct file but he opens the wrong when triggering it.

5) I use VisualHG as my SCM plugin and it uses to show overlays in the SolutionExplorer, but these seem to be missing in VisualD Projects.

I gonna file Tickets for these here, but thats gonna take time Wink

My Config:

VisualD 0.3.12
Visual Studio 2005
Win7 x64
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw. your ticket system just allows me to flag it with version 0.3.10, so i gonna go with that.
sagitario

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

thanks for reporting. I'll answer the tickets later, it is a much better place to keep track of bugs and resolutions.

Quote:
2) The Feature List says something about Parameter Tooltips, i was not able to get one of these. Not for my own projects methods for which i turned on JSON creation and not for the phobos methods for which i used the downloadable JSON files.

Don't know if this is the problem, but the info does not automatically show up if you type '(', but you'll have to execute Edit->Intellisense->Parameter Info of the assigned keyboard shortcut. Maybe I'm using some VS2008 API that was not available in VS2005, but I'll have to check.

Quote:
btw. your ticket system just allows me to flag it with version 0.3.10, so i gonna go with that.

It's easy to forget to add these, I'll update them in a minute.

Rainer
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when do you plan to release version 0.3.13 ?
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I will release it today or tomorrow.
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:

Don't know if this is the problem, but the info does not automatically show up if you type '(', but you'll have to execute Edit->Intellisense->Parameter Info of the assigned keyboard shortcut. Maybe I'm using some VS2008 API that was not available in VS2005, but I'll have to check.

Did u check this ? I checked that this shortcut Ctrl-Shift-Space for ParameterInfo is correctly configured, but i can hit it as much as i want without getting ANY parameter info at all in VS2005 Wink
sagitario

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I checked the source, but could not find anything problematic.
I have a VS2005 installation at work, I hope I won't forget to test it there tomorrow.
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok i checked it with VS2010 at home too and it did not work.
Let me know if you find anyhting. I would really like to use parameter infos Wink
sagitario

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extrawurst wrote:
Ok i checked it with VS2010 at home too and it did not work.
Let me know if you find anyhting. I would really like to use parameter infos Wink

I tried both VS2005 and VS2010, and could reproduce the missing parameter info tooltips. As far as I could see, the reasons are different:

VS2005 does not even send a command to the language service if using the keyboard shortcut. If invoked from the menu, a completely different command is sent (ObjectVerbList0 - whatever this does). Maybe a custom command is needed...

VS2010 sends the expected command, but then seems to require the tooltip information to be marshaled. This is not implemented and is a horrible thing to do manually, so I hope I can convince VS not to do that.
sagitario

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sagitario wrote:
VS2010 sends the expected command, but then seems to require the tooltip information to be marshaled. This is not implemented and is a horrible thing to do manually, so I hope I can convince VS not to do that.

The VS2010 problem had an easy fix. I have uploaded a priliminary 0.3.14 into the download folder, please try it.

Rainer
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i gonna try it once i get home from work, cause i just habe vs2010 there. at work i use the dusty vs2005 Wink
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok 0.3.14 fixes it for me under vs2010. any progress on fixing the issue under vs2005 ?
sagitario

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extrawurst wrote:
ok 0.3.14 fixes it for me under vs2010. any progress on fixing the issue under vs2005 ?

I just dug up an old installation and reinstalled VS2005: parameter info works there, even with 0.3.13! I'm now applying SP1 to VS2005, but that can take some time...
sagitario

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With SP1 installed, it still works. Here's my current guess: at work I have Visual Assist installed. It might be hooking the parameter info callback and won't pass it through to Visual D.

Do you also have Visual Assist running?
Extrawurst

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i do. but what can we do about ? for coding c++ it is a must Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: