FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ide functionality queries

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wicks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:23 am    Post subject: ide functionality queries Reply with quote

Hi and many thanks for Visual D!

I'm using vs2010 shell on win7 64, and have a few queries.

1/ I'm unable to get the commenting / uncommenting hotkeys to work. Is this a restriction of vs2010 shell, or is this working in 2008 shell?

2/ I'm not familiar with Visual Studio generally, but does it possess such a feature as moving the current line or selected lines up or down with a hotkey - I haven't been able to find it if it does, so perhaps not - can you confirm?

3/ Similarly, is there a way to duplicate the current line with a hotkey (not select line, copy, position cursor on next line, and finally paste).

Coming from other IDEs I will surely miss these core features to my workflow so I'm hoping I've overlooked something obvious, but I'm feeling these are restrictions or deficiencies with VS shell.

Regardless, thanks again for your hard work and I'll make do as best I can if this is the state of things.
sagitario

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: ide functionality queries Reply with quote

Hi,

wicks wrote:
1/ I'm unable to get the commenting / uncommenting hotkeys to work. Is this a restriction of vs2010 shell, or is this working in 2008 shell?

This command needs to be implemented in Visual D, but it is not yet. I have it already on my wish-list, but I didn't get into it so far. Using /++/ block comments almost fills that hole...

Quote:
2/ I'm not familiar with Visual Studio generally, but does it possess such a feature as moving the current line or selected lines up or down with a hotkey - I haven't been able to find it if it does, so perhaps not - can you confirm?

There is the command Edit.LineTranspose (Shift+Alt+T) to move the current line down, but I don't know about moving up Smile

Quote:
3/ Similarly, is there a way to duplicate the current line with a hotkey (not select line, copy, position cursor on next line, and finally paste).

With nothing selected, Ctrl+Ins copies the current full line, and Shift-Ins pastes the line independent of caret position.

The standard edition of Visual Studio comes with a macro language and IDE where you can define all your favorite commands (in basic), but I'm not sure whether the shell has it, too.

I hope this helps,
Rainer
wicks

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes this does help - cheers!

The transpose seems to function as an up/down toggle (which is ideal) but only when there is nothing below it. Do you think this is a VS bug? It seems strange that there would be no up like you say.
sagitario

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wicks wrote:
The transpose seems to function as an up/down toggle (which is ideal) but only when there is nothing below it. Do you think this is a VS bug? It seems strange that there would be no up like you say.

I guess it was designed as a transpose without moving in mind. I'd expect two "transpose" operation to not change anything, so it is probably a misfeature that the cursor moves with the line. You cannot simply transpose it back but at the very end of the file.

You also have the commands CharTranspose and WordTranspose (try it on "a = b") that only move forward.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: