FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How to configure/setup and use DUI lib ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
t4ch1k0m4

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 6:46 pm    Post subject: How to configure/setup and use DUI lib ? Reply with quote

Hi,
I was wondering what is the proper way to set up and use the DUI ?

I've installed and compiled DUI and dool (I had to modify those make files), and tired out compiling & linking small examples, like HelloWorld example,
from the website.

I find that, i have to do compilation and linking, in two steps like this:
Passing the HelloWorl.d file to the script
#!/bin/bash
dmd -v -c $1 -I/_reiser_void0_/DUI/DUI/src:/_reiser_void0_/DUI/dool/src:~/dmd/src
gcc ${1/.*/}.o -o ${1/.*/} -lphobos -lpthread -lm -ldui -ldool `pkg-config --libs gtk+-2.0 gthread-2.0`

So im doing the liking with gcc help (seems very long).

Well, that was fine and compiled and linked, but now I tried a more 'difficult' example, like DUITreeWindow.d , which is in the src/test1 of the DUI distro, and when I run those steps above on it, I get linking errors :

DUITreeWindow.o(.gnu.linkonce.t_D4test13DUITreeWindow13DUITreeWindow5setupFZv+0xf): In function `_D4test13DUITreeWindow13DUITreeWindow5setupFZv':
: undefined reference to `_Class_4test7DUITree7DUITree'
DUITreeWindow.o(.gnu.linkonce.t_D4test13DUITreeWindow13DUITreeWindow5setupFZv+0x1d): In function `_D4test13DUITreeWindow13DUITreeWindow5setupFZv':
: undefined reference to `_D4test7DUITree7DUITree5_ctorFZC4test7DUITree7DUITree'
/usr/local/lib/libdui.a(Bin.o)(.gnu.linkonce.t_assert_3dui3Bin+0x11): In function `_assert_3dui3Bin':
: undefined reference to `_d_assert'
/usr/local/lib/libdui.a(Container.o)(.gnu.linkonce.t_assert_3dui9Container+0x11): In function `_assert_3dui9Container':
/usr/local/lib/libdui.a(DUI.o)(.gnu.linkonce.t_assert_3dui3DUI+0x11): In function `_assert_3dui3DUI':
/usr/local/lib/libdui.a(DUIObject.o)(.gnu.linkonce.t_assert_3dui9DUIObject+0x11): In function `_assert_3dui9DUIObject':
/usr/local/lib/libdui.a(ListG.o)(.gnu.linkonce.t_assert_3dui5ListG+0x11): In function `_assert_3dui5ListG':
/usr/local/lib/libdui.a(ObjectG.o)(.gnu.linkonce.t_assert_3dui7ObjectG+0x11): more undefined references to `_d_assert' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Things go messed up. How to correct those errors ?

Also, I thought linking with dui and dool would suffice, but, seems I have to link with all those gtk and rest.

Anyway, anyone can help with this ? Im using (would like to) LInux version
of D and DUI /dool

Thanks !

Sad
Ant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 8:27 am    Post subject: Re: How to configure/setup and use DUI lib ? Reply with quote

t4ch1k0m4 wrote:
Hi,
Well, that was fine and compiled and linked, but now I tried a more 'difficult' example, like DUITreeWindow.d , which is in the src/test1 of the DUI distro, and when I run those steps above on it, I get linking errors :

I'll check it later today.
Can you look into the Makefile and see how it's done there?
Also the distributed version contains some garbage,
I don't remember if test1 should compile. Can you compile and link DUITests?

Ant
t4ch1k0m4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 12:41 pm    Post subject: Re: How to configure/setup and use DUI lib ? Reply with quote

Hi,

I did manage to link that example later, after I have compiled the
private import test.DUITree, and added that *.o to the linking line.
I just dont understand, I thought, those imports compiler would sort out for me (as in, make the *.o itself and the rest).

Yes, I did manage to compile tests. However, i had to spend ___lots___ of time on those dui makefiles for them. Tests look nice, even the GL one works.

Anyway, how do I set up my environment to use the DUI libs ? That process that im doing now - first compiling with dmd (seems, i have to do it on per import basis) to get the *.o, then linking using gcc, against every lib, seems, that DUI lib uses, seems tedious and wrong to me. ( Altho Im new to D and dmd.)

How do you do it ? I thought, all I would have to do, is to link with libdool.a
libdui.a , and libduigl.a.

Thanks for help !

Ant wrote:
t4ch1k0m4 wrote:
Hi,

I'll check it later today.
Can you look into the Makefile and see how it's done there?
Also the distributed version contains some garbage,
I don't remember if test1 should compile. Can you compile and link DUITests?

Ant
Ant

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2005 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: How to configure/setup and use DUI lib ? Reply with quote

t4ch1k0m4 wrote:
Hi,

I did manage to link that example later
then linking using gcc, against every lib, seems, that DUI lib uses, seems tedious and wrong to me. ( Altho Im new to D and dmd.)

that's how I do it.
leds, my IDE for D, does it for me.
On Windows I create a small GUI front end just to do it.
As I understand linking can be done at runtime - other D libs do it.

Ant
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: