FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

drag & drop freeze

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Andrej08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: drag & drop freeze Reply with quote

Hi,

All of the drag&drop enabled examples (drop.exe, droplist.exe ..) freeze in release mode when I try to use the drag functionality. In debug mode, I get an object.error: Access Violation as soon as I click a dragable item.

This is on XP SP3, using DMD2 and the makeall.bat file to build the examples with the latest DFL. If you can't recreate the errors, I'll try to investigate further. I've only just downloaded DFL for the first time, but it looks like a pretty solid library.
Andrej08

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention: DMD v2.048
HateWork

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like it's a compiler compatibility issue. I tried drag n drop examples under WinXP SP2, DMD1 (1.030), DFL 0.9.8 (stable release) and all examples work in release and debug mode.
Remember that DMD2 is a moving target and Chris is working hard to make DFL work with most versions.

Quote:
I've only just downloaded DFL for the first time, but it looks like a pretty solid library.

It is indeed a solid library. And there's a lot more to come (that depends totally on Chris though Wink and don't know if he is accepting help, i mean, modules made from dfl users). But it's good to hear one more person to like this hard work.
Andrej08

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HateWork wrote:

Quote:
I've only just downloaded DFL for the first time, but it looks like a pretty solid library.

It is indeed a solid library. And there's a lot more to come (that depends totally on Chris though Wink and don't know if he is accepting help, i mean, modules made from dfl users). But it's good to hear one more person to like this hard work.

Well, there's not that many D2 GUI libraries to choose from, and I'm primarily using Windows, so DFL is good enough for me.

QTD seems to rely on manual deletion of widgets via delete, but delete is going to be deprecated, so I don't know how that will affect the library.

And I'm not a fan of GTK and it's non-native interfaces (e.g. those file dialogs in GIMP).

DWT2 is an ongoing work and I'll have to wait until there's a buildable version for D2.

So for now, I'll focus my efforts with DFL. I'll be glad to help out with fixing any errors I find in the examples/documentation.
Dune

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1 is not suggested for new development so I concentrate on D2.
These examples are still not working with D2...

Maybe DFL is dead?
If so it would be sad.
Numpsy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dune wrote:

These examples are still not working with D2...

The access violation in drop.exe seems to be related to the use of 'scope' on line ~3201 of dfl/control.d -> seems to work ok without that.

Possibly a compiler bug, but as 'scope' is deprecated anyway it seems easier to just remove it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: