FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

subversion respository backup

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RedShodan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: subversion respository backup Reply with quote

Hello all. Is there a way to do a backup the subversion repository that I'm missing? I know SVN can do a flatfile dump of the repository (svnadmin dump). But that needs direct filesystem access to the repository and run on the same architecture etc etc as the repository (berkely db'isms).

My problem is that I really would like to use dsource for the location of my source code, but I'm concerned about backups of the repository. I just recently got the Hydrus project on sourceforge. I have been waiting to do a checkin of my code till then. Sourceforge has a ton of options, which is spiffy. But the only one that matters to me is the backup of the repository. Subversion is so vastly superior to CVS that is not even remotely funny, and I'd really like to hold the source here at dsource.

Brad, is there any way you could provide access to a compressed image of the svnrepos dump? I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Chris
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's possible. I use 'svnadmin dump' currently, and I think I already bzip them before moving them off to a backup server. I could just write some or all of them off to an ftp-accessible site or something.

Why do you want the backup? If it's to see old revisions of the code, I am working on integrating Trac, which gives a great web-based interface to all revisions, not just the current revision like dsource does now.

BA
RedShodan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so I can have another backup of all the history and nost just the latest revision. Its just for normal backups. Call me paranoid if you like Smile The transport doesnt matter to me. ftp, http, whatever. Public read only access makes sense to me, though unless someone wants to backup dsource.org, there wouldnt be a reason to grab the repositories.

Trac looks really cool btw.

Thanks
Chris
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: