FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

OpenGL *f functions crash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
randomZ

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: OpenGL *f functions crash Reply with quote

Hi,

the OpenGL functions that end with f (i.e. expect float arguments) crash on my machine, while the double ones (*d) work. E.g. glColor4f() crashes, while glColor4d() works. Does anyone have similar problems? Could this be a data type problem between D and C?

Sebastian
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing this out, but... it appears to be only one function and not all of the *f functions. I started testing the *3f stuff, then moved to the *4f functions. The only problem I found was, as you mentioned, glColor4f. And the problem turned out to be that it wasn't being loaded. You were calling a null function pointer, hence the crash (access violation). Did you have problems with any of the other functions? A cursory glance of gl.d looks okay, but my sight is a little blurry right now so I want to be sure I didn't miss anything Smile

Please in the future, when reporting bugs, report exactly what you did to cause the crash and any output that results. There are many ways a program can crash. Knowing that an Access Violation was going on would have indicated a null pointer as the likely culprit, and would have (in this case) helped me to zero in on it a bit faster. Though this one really was an easy one to find since I have a SDL/OpenGL framework set up for testing/bug catching Smile

Anyway, the fix is in svn and glColor4f works now.
JJR

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good that you caught that, Mike.

How does a null function slip by the error test in the getProc function? That's strange!

- John R.
aldacron

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The load function was never calling getProc for glColor4f is what the problem was. I'm hoping there's nothing else I left out.
randomZ

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldacron wrote:
Thanks for pointing this out, but... it appears to be only one function and not all of the *f functions. I started testing the *3f stuff, then moved to the *4f functions. The only problem I found was, as you mentioned, glColor4f. And the problem turned out to be that it wasn't being loaded. You were calling a null function pointer, hence the crash (access violation). Did you have problems with any of the other functions? A cursory glance of gl.d looks okay, but my sight is a little blurry right now so I want to be sure I didn't miss anything Smile

Please in the future, when reporting bugs, report exactly what you did to cause the crash and any output that results. There are many ways a program can crash. Knowing that an Access Violation was going on would have indicated a null pointer as the likely culprit, and would have (in this case) helped me to zero in on it a bit faster. Though this one really was an easy one to find since I have a SDL/OpenGL framework set up for testing/bug catching Smile

Anyway, the fix is in svn and glColor4f works now.

Heh yeah, I'm sorry. I just had a bunch of GL code that crashed and didn't remember the function that did it. I was really really tired. I'll do a proper bug report next time ^^

-Sebastian
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: