FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Derelic2GL: name clashes, strange gluOrtho2D fault

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dolsh

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:44 pm    Post subject: Derelic2GL: name clashes, strange gluOrtho2D fault Reply with quote

Hello, there!
First of all, I really appreciate your work.
I mean it's the first library I seen that gets GL extensions/version loading sorted out quite nicely. I a project of mine I plan to actively use SDL/GL combination.

And now to the bugs I encountered on the latest revision Smile

Reduced test case:
Code:
import derelict.opengl.gl;
import derelict.opengl.glext;
int[4] viewport;
void main(){
   glGetIntegerv(GL_VIEWPORT,viewport.ptr);
}

on dmd 2.052 this produces:
new.d(5): Error: derelict.opengl.gltypes.GL_VIEWPORT at C:\dmd2\windows\bin\..\.
.\src\ext\derelict\opengl\gltypes.di(358) conflicts with derelict.opengl.exttype
s.GL_VIEWPORT at C:\dmd2\windows\bin\..\..\src\ext\derelict\opengl\exttypes.di(6
77)

There are actually same constants in both files, but I suspect they shouldn't clash like this? The others uncovered are GL_RED( but not GL_GREEN or GL_BLUE!), GL_CONSTANT_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_CONSTANT_ALPHA ... basically all the intersection on constants in both files.
I worked some of them around by directly aliasing ... but it's just tedious.

The other funny thing is that I get segmentation fault on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit with gluOrtho2D (in this very call, I checked) but not with glOrtho
initialization is:

Code:
static this(){
        DerelictSDL.load();
   DerelictGL.load();
   DerelictGLU.load();
}

On win 7 gluOrtho2D works.[/code]
aldacron

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 am    Post subject: Re: Derelic2GL: name clashes, strange gluOrtho2D fault Reply with quote

dolsh wrote:

There are actually same constants in both files, but I suspect they shouldn't clash like this? The others uncovered are GL_RED( but not GL_GREEN or GL_BLUE!), GL_CONSTANT_ALPHA,GL_ONE_MINUS_CONSTANT_ALPHA ... basically all the intersection on constants in both files.
I worked some of them around by directly aliasing ... but it's just tedious.

Quote:

In Derelict2, I've removed the duplicates mentioned here from exttypes.d, plus a few more that I caught.

The other funny thing is that I get segmentation fault on Ubuntu 10.10 32bit with gluOrtho2D (in this very call, I checked) but not with glOrtho
initialization is:

Code:
static this(){
        DerelictSDL.load();
   DerelictGL.load();
   DerelictGLU.load();
}

On win 7 gluOrtho2D works.

When I can find the time, I'll figure out what state my Ubuntu partition is in and see if I can reproduce this. Until then, if anyone has more info on this issue I'd love to hear of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: