FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

build fail

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 8:55 am    Post subject: build fail Reply with quote

hi a little error when i try build with ldc or dmd
Code:
ldc -g -O -op -inline -c -I../ Rae.d -Hd../../include/rae/ -of../../build/rae/Rae.o
../rae/canvas/ICanvasItem.d(338): Error: forward reference of enum RequestArrangeType.WINDOW
Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (false) of type TOK149 to RequestArrangeType
../rae/canvas/PlainRectangle.d(2419): Error: forward reference of enum RequestArrangeType.WINDOW
Error: cannot implicitly convert expression (false) of type TOK149 to RequestArrangeType
kaarna

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't yet made the change to tango 0.99.9, but I guess you are trying this with tango 0.99.8 then? Of course that wouldn't matter with the compile problem you're getting.

I've had a lot of forward reference problems in the past. If that's really what this is, then it might be best to put enum RequestArrangeType into it's own file, for example rae/canvas/RequestArrangeType.d. I've done this for a couple of types that had forward referencing problems, and it usually has worked...

I'm still using DSSS and it does a pretty good job with the forward references. But I'm not sure if it's really DSSS that is good, or maybe the old GDC I'm using is good in this way. I don't know...
bioinfornatics

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can use dmake instead of dsss. Just move your source file into a src directory and just do:
Code:
$ dmake --source src/ --lib src/rae

done
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Rae All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: