FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking Updates for DerelictFT and DerelictOgg

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldacron

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Breaking Updates for DerelictFT and DerelictOgg Reply with quote

I've updated the bindings for both DerelictFT and the DerelictOgg package. Both updates add new functions, which will break loading older versions of the libraries. The changes are as follows:

DerelictFT - now requires FreeType 2.4.3. The latest FreeType version is 2.4.5.

DerelictOgg - now requires libogg 1.2.x (use 1.2.2).

DerelictVorbis - now requires libvorbis 1.3.x (use 1.3.2).

I'm unable to find a changelog for the Ogg/Vorbis libs, so I can't be sure when each of the new functions were added. Therefore, you should use the versions in parentheses.

If you don't need to support the new functions, you probably don't need to update Derelict, but it's recommended as both packages were recently updated to use c_long/c_ulong types where appropriate. If you do update and still need to support older versions of the shared libraries, you can look at the changesets to determine the new functions added (560 and 561), or by compiling the latest Derelict and attempting to load older versions of the libs (like libogg 1.1.3, or FreeType 2.3.12). As you identify functions that fail to load, you can make use of Derelict's selective loader to ignore them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: