FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Issue with DevIl and .dll

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ste3e

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:37 pm    Post subject: Issue with DevIl and .dll Reply with quote

When I try to compile my GL3/SDL2 program while also trying to load DevIl I get the following compiler error:

libderelict.util.exception.SymbolLoadException@..\import\derelict\util\exception.d(38): Failed to load symbol ilDeleteImage from shared library devil.dll
----------------
4387DC
41AE3C
41AE7B
41AA8B

The code for loading DevIl is:

Code:
import derelict.devil.il;
pragma(lib, "DerelictIL.lib");
try{
        DerelictIL.load();
    }catch(Exception e){
        writeln("Error loading Image lib", e);
      return false;
    }

Given the loading sequence is the same as for GL3 and SDL2, and both of these play happy, I don't think the problem lies there... although I can find no documentation that gives the exact syntax for loading Devil in Derelict3. Anyway, the compiler error references the c .dll file. The c .dll file I am using is the 1.7.8 .dll downloaded from the main DevIl site. Do we need a specific version of the .dll?
aldacron

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a compiler error. It's a runtime error.

The loader is unable to find the function 'ilDeleteImage' in your DevIL DLL. If you check the DevIL changelog, you'll see that function was added in DevIL 1.68 RC2. The most likely problem is that you are using an older version of DevIL.

The best solution is to make sure you have the latest version of DevIL.
ste3e

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks aldacron. I ended up re-installing XP and placing the DevIl dll downloaded from the DevIl site in the same folder as the project's .exe. Must have been a rogue DevIl dll lurking in some forgotten folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Derelict All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: