FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tabs in DFL?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
IkeaTheSofa

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 12:25 am    Post subject: Tabs in DFL? Reply with quote

I was just trying to design my application and I was thinking about usings tabs.. i think thats what they are called. I don't see anything called tabs in the different form objects. Does DFL support tabs? If so how do you use them?
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Re: Tabs in DFL? Reply with quote

IkeaTheSofa wrote:
I was just trying to design my application and I was thinking about usings tabs.

Do you mean something like the tabs at the top left of dsource.org? If so, the tab control has been planned to be the next control added to DFL.
- Chris
Lynn

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2005 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I add my vote for implementing Tabs in DFL.

Thanks for all your efforts.
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... a recent snapshot provides the tabcontrol.

Por favor ... can you provide a source code example that uses it? (or two or three) That would be much appreciated. Perhaps a very simple one, and a more elaborate one.

Perhaps I'm not seeing one ... like I overlooked the charformat.d example for superscript and subscript.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
Por favor ... can you provide a source code example that uses it? (or two or three)

There's tabs.d example.
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooooops. Sorry. Gotta pay more attention.

Thanks for your patience.
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the tabcontrol, does it take over the entire window area? It is possible to have other widgets "co-exist" with the tab control?

I noticed that the tab.d example had one tab with "internal widgets".

I would like to have a tree-control on the left side of a "dialog", some buttons and an input field along the top, and the tabcontrol taking up the major part of the main application window in the lower-right. Is this possible, or is this more like a "PropertyPage" or "Panel"?

If possible with tabcontrol, a code example would be greatly appreciated. If not, perhaps a code example of how this would be done with panels.

Thanks again for your patience and time put into dfl.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
With the tabcontrol, does it take over the entire window area? It is possible to have other widgets "co-exist" with the tab control?

It's just like the other controls. It only fills the size of the parent because of the dock property. DockStyle.FILL will use the remaining area of the parent, so you would want to dock other controls first, such as with DockStyle.LEFT. Alternatively, you could manually position the controls in the form's layout event.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: