FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"cannot load PDB helper DLL" in Visual Studio 11

View previous topic :: View next topic  
debio

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: "cannot load PDB helper DLL" in Visual Studio 11 Reply with quote

I'm getting the error "cannot load PDB helper DLL" at the end of each build (GDC and DMD) when running Visual D on the Visual Studio 11 Beta. I see that this error typically occurs when dealing with a Visual Studio distribution without C/C++ support, but I'm seeing it on two machines, one with VS11 Ultimate and one with VS11 Professional (both machines are running Win8). I'm not sure what to do about it since I'm running full VS and not a shell.

Is this a matter of a DLL missing even though I'm using a full install and not a shell? Is this setup expected to work at all at the moment?
sagitario

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

cv2pdb (the debug conversion tool to get pdb files) has no support for VS11 yet. I investigated it a little, and it turns out that

- VS11 uses a different DLL to interface the pdb server
- even if cv2pdb just loads the other DLL, the interfaces seem slightly different.

I think I can fix it for the next release. The current workaround is to have the DLLs and server files from older versions somewhere (see http://dsource.org/projects/cv2pdb/wiki/Installation ).

Rainer
sagitario

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It should work now with VisualD-v0.3.33rc1.exe from the downloads folder.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Visual D All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: