FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MinWin on motif

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 10:15 am    Post subject: MinWin on motif Reply with quote

Why does MinWin depend on some ImLib (or something like that) on motif? What is it?
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 6:20 pm    Post subject: Re: MinWin on motif Reply with quote

Carlos wrote:
Why does MinWin depend on some ImLib (or something like that) on motif? What is it?

That was because I wanted a richer image format support (eg, bmp) than just xmp. Plus to be honest when I tried using GIMP to save the Empire bmp's as xmp's they wouldn't load. So I went looking for better image support. I don't have much experience with libs that do that so I just picked one that looked reasonable. Is there something better or more standard? I would like to get rid of that dependency so options would be appreciated.
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about that, but aren't there libpng, libtiff, libgif, libjpg, etc.? I've never used them, but I think I've seen them.
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vaguely recall imlib contains those other libs to do the heavy lifting and it supplies the magic to turn those into X pixmaps, which is what MinWin wants. I can't remember the details, though.
Carlos

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2005 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MinWin samples compile fine (now that I installed Imlib1, Imlib2 doesn't work), but when trying to run them (any of them) I get: "Error: XtAppCreateShell requires non-NULL widget class".
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That error looks familiar, though off the top of my head I don't remember the cause(s). I'll take a look. Did you do a clean build? Maybe the lib is in a bad state.
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't reproduce the error you got but when I tried using the latest minwin.zip off of the web site I realized it wouldn't build on Linux because of some paint changes I made when on Windows. I've updated the Linux implementations and the samples work for me so I'd recommend trying the latest minwin.zip.
Carlos

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will try.
Carlos

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is in line 469 of window.d, because topLevelShellWidgetClass is null. At least that's what I can understand from the error message.
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks then like a problem linking with Motif since that symbol is defined in the Motif library. It's declared in the motif_aux.d file that shouldn't be linked in with the final application. Are you getting any link warnings about that symbol or can you tell if motif_aux is getting linked in somehow?
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There're no problems linking, however the problem could be around there. I haven't upgraded to the latest Build, so the version I have is failing creating the libs, so I did "ar c libminwin_motif.a *.o" (I don't remember the exact flag to create it), so most likely motif_aux.o is being included. I will try again later.
Carlos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That solved it: I left motif_aux.o out of the libminwin_motif.a and it worked. Also, maybe some of the gtk objects (gtk.o) could've ended there too, previously Embarassed .
BenHinkle

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK. Good to hear things are working for you. I've had pretty good luck with Build but I'm keeping my make files for a while. Build seems to work ok on Windows with building applications but my libraries seem to tickle it in bad ways, unfortunately.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> MinWin All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: