FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Por Favor: SvnSandbox project

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Por Favor: SvnSandbox project Reply with quote

Would you consider setting up a SvnSandbox project? This might simplify getting up-to-speed for newbies (like me) with Svn.

If it would be helpful, I'll try to recall and document the steps I went thru to get a Svn repository working on dsource with Windows (and leave out the mis-steps)

Thanks for all your efforts for dsource!
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn,

I can set up a sandbox SVN repos on dsource, no problem. In fact, the bindings repos is a wee bit of anarchy currently, as it's open (read/write) to anyone with a SVN account here. I think you don't even want any useful stuff in it like bindings, but just play files.

Also, your reference to getting a repos working on Windows... Are you talking about getting a 'working copy' on Windows? This site has the repos, and your PC would have the working copy.

I have not posted a tutorial or howto on the site because I didn't want it to become stale. It is why I recommend reading the SVN book online.

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/

Give it a whirl again with your project and let me know specific problems you're having. Post in this thread, or in one with your project. But be sure to read the book online first.

BA
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: