FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A handy tool build D project in Visual Studio or UltraEdit

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: A handy tool build D project in Visual Studio or UltraEdit Reply with quote

I used to manage dwt project files with DIDE. DIDE is unsupported for a long time. It stores all the project files in one line with full pathname. The line comes extraordinary long with the increase of project files so as to it can't handle this any more but collapse. And every time I buid the project with DIDE, then have to switch to MS Visual Studio to bebug.

So I write this tool to build D source files in VS IDE. It's simple with no incremental capibility. Do full build every time. But I think it is useful and handy.

BldTool.exe enumerates the d source files in your project (folder and subfolders based) and collectes the information then invokes DMD to buid the project. It's easy to use and need almost no configuration.

It can be used in console mode directly or work with those editors who supports customized tool configuration such as UltraEdit, Source Insight, EditPlus2.

A tutorial article to set this tool with VS and UE is available
http://www.dnaic.com/d/en/bldtool.htm

The download URL
http://www.dnaic.com/d/download/bldtool.rar

Any comments, criticisms are welcome

Shawn
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is good, Shawn. But I think "Build", a project well developed on this site by Derek, accomplishes these tasks already. It's actively developed and one of the best tools for D so far. Have you had a look at it yet? Does your tool differ from it somehow?

Thanks,

John
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly, this tool is very easy to use. Copy "bldtool.exe" into your D project files folder. Run "bldtool.exe /Q" in console, your project is built. Almost no configuration needed!

Secondly, this tool can be integrated into Microsoft Visual Studio. There is a tutorial artical available. So buid and debug your application in the same IDE.

If you give a little time to try this, you will like it. Smile

Shawn
JJR

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2005 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it looks like a very useful program, Shawn. Thanks for the contribution. Smile

(I'm still without my Laptop, I'm afraid) Sad
Shawn Liu

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
This is good, Shawn. But I think "Build", a project well developed on this site by Derek, accomplishes these tasks already. It's actively developed and one of the best tools for D so far. Have you had a look at it yet? Does your tool differ from it somehow?

I tried to build DWT project with Derek's Build. The compile is passed of course. But how can I specify the libraries and resource file to be linked together? I didn't find an example of response file.
JJR

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2005 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm... I don't know. Maybe you can ask Derek in the build forum.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Forum Index -> DWT All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: