FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dynamic DUI Installer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JJR

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:14 pm    Post subject: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

The DUI Installer is now compiling and running with DynDUI. This program is not really necessary anymore with DynDUI available, but it's still an excellent stress test for it.

I needed to make several more changes to dool and DUI to get things working.

I've also tried other build tests. Strangely testEvent.d registers onMousePress events, but no onKeyPress events seem to be taking place. This may be merely a focus issue, but I don't know DUI well enough at present to know what's wrong with it.

The next big one to try will be Leds itself. Oh and I'd better start testing on Linux also.

DUI really is a great interface. I guess I had never trully looked into all the hard work Ant put into it. Thanks for all the work, Ant. It's amazing how much you've done with so little support. Shocked

-JJR
Ant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
The DUI Installer is now compiling and running with DynDUI.

This is excelente!
I can't run the installer my self.
I'm guessing it's the problems you found with the class local imports.

Ant
Ant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:33 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
DUI really is a great interface. I guess I had never trully looked into all the hard work Ant put into it. Thanks for all the work, Ant. It's amazing how much you've done with so little support. Shocked
-JJR

I have nothing to say, I just wanted to quote this Wink

Thank you,

Ant
Ant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 7:51 am    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
The next big one to try will be Leds itself. Oh and I'd better start testing on Linux also.

That should be no problem.

A (old) version of leds for windows with out scintilla can be downloaded from the sourceforge page (Gtk 2.4.x).
I was using leds on windows to build the releases until I upgraded to Gtk 2.6.

Can you compile Scintilla on window for Gtk mode?
I understand it's very simple but I don't even have the tools.

Ant
JJR

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
JJR wrote:
The DUI Installer is now compiling and running with DynDUI.

This is excelente!
I can't run the installer my self.
I'm guessing it's the problems you found with the class local imports.

Ant

Very likely that was the issue. I'm moving lots of stuff out all over the place including Dool. It's very risky having modules inside there, as I described before. The symbols names have so much potential to override symbols in the local module that it makes bug hunting a nightmare.

Once I moved them out, I ended up having to add a few external imports to clean up missing symbol errors for some modules; but in the end, things seem to work much better now.

-JJR
JJR

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 12:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
JJR wrote:

That should be no problem.

A (old) version of leds for windows with out scintilla can be downloaded from the sourceforge page (Gtk 2.4.x).
I was using leds on windows to build the releases until I upgraded to Gtk 2.6.

Hmm... I'll have to look into this. Does scintilla work with the windows version of Gtk 2.6?

Ant wrote:

I can try. Does it just require a C/C++ compiler? I have 3 different compilers on winxp: dmc, openwatcom, and gcc. I guess I have to try to compile with dmc in order to get it working with dmd? I don't know much about the process involved.

-JJR
Ant

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 2:23 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

JJR wrote:
Hmm... I'll have to look into this. Does scintilla work with the windows version of Gtk 2.6?

It should.

JJR wrote:

Ant wrote:

I can try. Does it just require a C/C++ compiler? I have 3 different compilers on winxp: dmc, openwatcom, and gcc. I guess I have to try to compile with dmc in order to get it working with dmd? I don't know much about the process involved.

I don't think they supply a make file for Gtk mode in windows.
I think it's simple if you have VS.
Well, if it proves not to be simple I'll have to learn how to do it...
I have the dll for the previous scintilla version and Gtk 2.4.x.
Next time instead of asking for the dll on the scintilla group I'll ask for how to do it.

For testing on windows leds is shipped with a pure Gtk code editor.
a version(Win32) make it ignore scintilla all together.
http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/leds/trunk/src/leds/CodeView.d
look version(Win32)

Ant
JJR

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Dynamic DUI Installer Reply with quote

Ant wrote:
JJR wrote:

It should.

I'll see. I'll install the updated Gtk 2.6.

Ant wrote:
I don't think they supply a make file for Gtk mode in windows.
I think it's simple if you have VS.
Well, if it proves not to be simple I'll have to learn how to do it...
I have the dll for the previous scintilla version and Gtk 2.4.x.
Next time instead of asking for the dll on the scintilla group I'll ask for how to do it.

Well... I forgot: I also have the VS beta download, and I may have the free MS C++ compiler toolset also. I'll see what needs to be done. If it could compile into a dll, that's good. I'll look into this as well.

Ant wrote:
For testing on windows leds is shipped with a pure Gtk code editor.
a version(Win32) make it ignore scintilla all together.
http://svn.dsource.org/svn/projects/leds/trunk/src/leds/CodeView.d
look version(Win32)

Okay, I see now. Scintilla is not currently used in the win32 version of leds at all. CodeView probably does work then. I didn't download the windows version. I had the linux one.

-JJR
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> gtkD All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: