FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Upgrade - April 2004

View previous topic :: View next topic  
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 1:21 am    Post subject: Site Upgrade - April 2004 Reply with quote

I sent out a mass email earlier today, informing you of an upgrade to the site in general. I'd like to avoid that tactic again, and just post here.

Most of that update went well, but Subversion is not talking to Apache right now. The website is up, including forums, so that shouldn't be a problem. However, the Subversion repositories are not accessible via the web right now, either with a browser or a SVN client. However, all of the repositories remain intact, and I expect no loss of data/source code. In fact, backup sends them to an offsite FTP server each night.

I'm working to resolve this upgrade issue and have the repositories back on line, but had not planned on it taking this long. Thanks for your patience while I resolve this.

The upgrade included the following:
- subversion from 1.0.0_beta1 to 1.0.2 (RPM)
- httpd from 2.0.48 to 2.0.48.16 (rhel 3.0 RPM)
- php (downgrade) from 5.0.0-beta4 to stable 4.3.2-8.ent (RPM)

One of my goals was to get these apps to be RPM-based instead of installed from source. Maintenance is a lot easier.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I believe we are back up and running with Subversion 1.0.2. I can browse all of the repositories via Web, and have tried a few out with an SVN client.

Please let me know if you have any issues with committing any code to your repository. Again, thanks for your patience. dsource is in a much better place to do incremental upgrades to software packages and subsequent maintenance times like this one will be much shorter and more seamless.

Cheers,
Brad
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Site All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: