FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Offer to help with documentation and q/a

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:28 am    Post subject: Offer to help with documentation and q/a Reply with quote

I'm very appreciative of your efforts to develop Dfl.

Do you feel it is getting stable enough to think about things like Doxygen documentation and q/a? If not Doxygen, did you have in mind an alternative? How about the D capability of having html within the code?

I'm not particularly familiar with Stewart Gordon's sdwf gui code, but I am impressed by it documentation. The code appears to have pretty extensive Doxygen commenting, using Doxygen 1.4.2

Also, I see a far amount of precondition testing in the sdwf code. I didn't see any postcondition testing. I wasn't clear on the extent of unittest'ing.

Doxygen output takes some getting used to, but then it is valuable. Some of the comments in sdwf indicate that Doxygen is less than fully able to handle D code, and Dfilter was used, whatever that is.

Also, I have a fair amount of experience with VisualTest and could perhaps work up some scripts to provide regression testing above the unittest level.

Interested in your thoughts.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:45 am    Post subject: Re: Offer to help with documentation and q/a Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
Do you feel it is getting stable enough to think about things like Doxygen documentation and q/a? If not Doxygen, did you have in mind an alternative? How about the D capability of having html within the code?

I setup a wiki for documentation and was waiting to announce it until I put some more information on it, but you're welcome to mess with it now if you want: http://wiki.dprogramming.com/DflDoc/HomePage
It's ok to put casual comments in there and such; other people can go in there and easily fix it.
- Chris
Lynn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My impression is that the documentation on the wiki page is primarily generated by doxygen ... if so, it would seem more direct to document the source code.
Chris Miller

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lynn wrote:
My impression is that the documentation on the wiki page is primarily generated by doxygen ... if so, it would seem more direct to document the source code.

I wrote my own tool to generate that. I think a wiki is better so that everyone can help with it. Plus having documentation in the code really clutters things (at least it bothers me).
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> DFL All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: