FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ZeDJ music player

View previous topic :: View next topic  
barrett9h

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: ZeDJ music player Reply with quote

I'm new to D, and choosed and old idea to be my first D project: a music player with a simple database of attributes to songs, and a "DJ" module that automagically chooses the songs to play.

The first milestone is to create a simple standard media player. The frontend is made with DynDUI, and I'm using MPlayer as a backend.

ZeDJ communicates with MPlayer using its slave mode protocol via named pipes (I just made it work for the first time this morning). So it's Linux-only for now. MPlayer also runs on Windows, so someone could port ZeDJ. I don't run Windows at home.

IF there is any interest on this, maybe you could add it as a new dsource project. For now, I'm making slow (a bit per day) progress in my scarce spare time.
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds cool. Do you want to achieve a milestone or two and let me know. Then I'll start a project for you no problem.

Thanks,
BA
brad
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any news here?
barrett9h

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the player seems to be working.
Now I'm trying to understand and implement a TreeView (DUI) object to manage the playlist, and after that it will be close to the first milestone (apart from the lack of drag'n'drop to accept files from a file manager. Drag'n'drop unfortunatly is not implemented in DUI yet).

The problem is I'm commited to a lot of work, and I'm not being able to follow with my plan of doing a little every day.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Potential Projects All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: